Did you have a great Thanksgiving? I know I did! I ate a little bit of turkey, some lamb chops, watched wayyyy too much sports on TV, and barely slept because I have a newborn. I hope yours was equally gluttonous and exhausting. On to the soccer!
Louisville City FC:
- I got nothing. They’re trying to get rid of all their 2016 merchandise, but no news on, you know, soccer stuff.
United Soccer League:
- Arizona United, a team we might never, ever play, might be rebranding to “Phoenix Rising FC” which is just stupid.
- The league is pretty excited about its USL Productions broadcast program for 2017. I, too, am looking forward to better broadcasts, but I don’t care enough to read about it. Your choice!
Other American soccer:
- The Seattle Sounders are going to the MLS Cup Finals!
- Jermaine Jones wants to be a free agent on a Designated Player contract now that he’s done at Colorado. Good luck with that, buddy.
- Looks like Milwaukee is getting an NPSL team, something I thought they already had but whatever.
- UofL beat Notre Dame (who hasn’t? sorry, football joke) last weekend 3-1 and are going to the quarterfinals of the College Cup! The Cards will face Stanford on December 3 at Lynn Stadium.
- Indiana, whom I often forget exists, lost to Virginia Tech over the weekend to cap their College Cup campaign. ALLITERATION