Yes, I skipped last week. Yes, this one’s a day late. It’s almost Christmas. Go do something with your family!
- You’ve heard by now, but Kadeem Dacres signed with FC Cincinnati Stabby Royal Soccer Lions.
- The team had open tryouts, and Niall McCabe acted like a Serious Person on the sidelines.
- That’s pretty much it.
- Dane Kelly’s going to Reno 1868 for 2017, so we’ll probably never see him again. He scored six goals for Swope Park last season.
- Charleston Battery is bringing back most of their roster for the new season, which isn’t much of a surprise from one of the most consistent teams in USL year in and out.
- From Reddit, a chart of teams’ returning rosters by minutes played in 2016. Louisville City’s in better shape than you might think!
- Harrisburg City Islanders new president Thiago Lopes is looking to ride the “new vibe” in Harrisburg, which is the funniest thing I’ve written all month.
Local College Soccer:
- Both UofL and Kentucky had players invited to the 2017 MLS Combine, a thing that is debatably useful! Congrats to Michael DeGraffenriedt, Jordan Wilson, and one of my personal favorites Napo Matsoso.
Other American Soccer:
- The Sounders won MLS Cup on PKs after a pretty damn boring 120 minutes of scoreless soccer.
- MLS Cult of Personality Don Garber released his list of new expansion cities, which isn’t important because Louisville isn’t on it and that’s totally fine.
- Teams are leaving NASL for USL! Or not! Nobody knows!
- 2016, in a nutshell: