by Taylor Sorrels (@taylorsorrels)
Lots of Louisville City FC-related news happened in the last week or so. I obviously didn’t write about any of it. Here’s my attempt to placate your thirst for LCFC news in blurb form:
- University of Kentucky 0:0 Louisville City FC. No one scored, but all reports indicated that LCFC dominated the ball for most of the game.
- Louisville City FC 5:0 Lindsey Wilson College. A pro team played an NAIA team and the scoreline pretty much reflects that. Sorry, LWC.
- Louisville City announced they’re going to have an announcement to show us the team kit just two days from their first game. I’m glad we finally get a kit, but I kind of wish there was more opportunity to buy it before the first game. Oh well, expect it to be cool!
- Brickyard Battalion 3:1 Louisville Coopers. Prior to the friendly against Indy Eleven, the Coopers played a friendly against their supporters, the Brickyard Battalion. Reports from the game sound like we actually played pretty well but BYB had a team roster of about 50 and had a penchant for playing 12 men at a time. WE’LL GET YOU ON THE RETURN LEG, HOOSIERS.
- Indy Eleven 1:2 Louisville City FC. City wrapped up its preseason unbeaten with an away friendly win against NASL’s Indy Eleven.