It’s been more than a week since the last Louisville City game. That’s what I’m telling people who ask my why I have the shakes this morning.
Even without our beloved Royals/Gremlins/OmmpahLoompas, it’s not like we were starved for awesome soccer over the weekend. Netherlands 3-4 USFMNT. Juventus 1-3 Messi & the Gang. Women’s World Cup action. But we’re here to talk USL, so here’s what happened:
- Draws. Draws Everywhere. St. Louis tried their best Kadeem Dacres impression with a late equalizer to earn a point in Pittsburgh. FC Montreal might be getting tired of all of my jokes and salvaged a 2-2 draw against NYRBII. Charleston couldn’t get over the hump against Wilmington (WILMINGTON!). Neither TFCII or Harrisburg City Islanders felt like scoring. Charlotte tried its best to hold up their end of the bargain instead lost to the
godless red menaceRichmond Kickers.
- To sum up the Eastern Conference over the weekend, it is best done in one word. Draw.
- The good news about all those draws is it leaves Louisville City in fourth place (17 points) with two games in hand on Richmond (22 points), and Charleston (23). WE CAN DO EET!
- Out west, Tulsa woke up and pounded Seattle Sounders FC 2 5-1; Colorado Springs shocked more than a few people by beating Whitecaps FC 2 3-0, the Blues continued their recent slide in a 1-2 loss to Los Dos, and the AZTEX surprisingly won on the road in Sacramento.
- Reckless Challenge takes a look at points vs. points per game in USL.
- Some people in Milwaukee are making a push for a USL or NASL team. Milwaukee’s a fun town I wouldn’t mind visiting again, so let’s pull for USL.
- Not all of these are original, but they are all pretty funny.