by Taylor Sorrels (@taylorsorrels)
Our more or less weekly roundup of USL news. Best enjoyed with coffee or the beer your friends left in your fridge last weekend. You’re excused if you’re still hailing Louisville City’s 2-0 win against Tulsa Roughnecks FC. More on that here, here, and here.
- Louisville City may still be #undefeated, but he three teams ahead of us are setting a blistering pace themselves. Rochester Rhinos won their home opener against NYRBII, Richmond Kickers beat hapless TFCII 0-1 in Montreal, and Charleston Battery picked up three points in the Carolina Classico against Wilmington Hammerheads last weekend. Guess we’re just gonna have to run the rest of the table, right?
- Filed under yawn/duh: Sacramento Republic FC is on the short list to move up to MLS. Good for them. Maybe stop losing games to teams like Orange County Blues (who are actually maybe kind of legit this year?).
- Vancouver Whitecaps 2 pulled a NYRBII against Sounders 2 last weekend, and it while didn’t matter to the scoreline, it’s still kinda BS that teams can pull wholesale roster switches in this league: VWFC2 1:1 SSFC2.
- Pittsburgh Riverhounds took out their frustrations from last week’s 1-1 draw courtesy of Kadeem Dacres on Toronto FC II with a 5-1 shellacking after an early TFCII red card. Some might say they’re compensating for something.
- NON-SEQUITUR: It’s spring, so if you’re in your 20s or 30s, all your friends are getting married. One can only hope all of their engagement photos are as awesome as this one.