by Taylor Sorrels (@taylorsorrels)
Our more or less weekly roundup of USL news. Best enjoyed with coffee or the beer your friends left in your fridge last weekend.
- Let’s say you’re an MLS team. You’re on a bye week. You’re a big fan of crappy carbonated sugar water in small cans with cattle on them. You don’t want your roster just hanging out in NYC/NJ doing nothing for a week. So what do you do? Replace your entire USL roster with the back end of your MLS roster and beat hapless Tworonto 1:4. Seems fair.
- Tulsa RUFFNEXX must have done team bonding by watching this scene from “A Million Ways to Die in the West”: 22 shots and no goals in a 0-2 loss to Austin Aztex (actual spelling).
- Charleston Battery is pretty much setting up shop at the top of the table with 3 wins in 3 matches. Then again, they had Harrisburg City Islanders as an opponent last weekend, so maybe we shouldn’t be so impressed.
- Louisville City hasn’t been too badly affected by refereeing decisions yet, but Pittsburgh Riverhounds apparently got screwed twice last weekend from some poor officiating that led directly to goals for Rochester Rhinos.
- NON SEQUITUR: I love dogs, but I might love dumb dogs more.