Sorry to be tardy for the party (never google that). Despite Louisville City’s recent struggles in league play, they’re still sitting pretty in fourth place, just five points out of second. Here’s what happened last week to set all that up:
- Speaking of late, Rochester needed a laaate goal to save a point in Harrisburg. The City Islanders were on the front foot for most of the half, but as I think we’ve learned, scoring against Rochester at any point before the 80 minute mark is a recipe for a draw. Damn those Rhinocerii!
- Louisville City has obviously done a great job knocking attendance goals out of the park (baseball pun) thus far this season. This, of course, gives rise to discussions about needing their own stadium, to which Charlotte fans would say “Be careful what you wish for.” No tailgating? No beer? No parking, really? No thanks.
- Out west: things are weird as usual. Arizona United beat the Seattle Sounders 2, the OC Blues are sliding back toward less than mediocrity after losing 3-0 at Los Dos, and the Colorado Springs Switchbacks did everyone a favor and beat St. Louis at their beloved soccer park on Friday. Our upcoming opponent, the Oklahoma City Energy, lost its first USL match since May in Sacramento.
- Upcoming games to watch: Most of the games I’d call interesting are happening at the same time as the Louisville City vs. OKC Energy match, so I don’t recommend those. Do try and catch Tulsa Roughnecks hosting Sacramento Republic on Wednesday, though, and the Independence-Kickers match on Friday night.
- If Liam Kirkman’s capo skills don’t make you AWWWWWWW then you might not have a soul.