Hi everybody! I hope everyone is coping well with the first half of the soccer week. I’ve decided to run down a set of possibilities that could happen in regards to what the East table will look like at the end of Sunday’s game and how it pertains to LouCity.
LouCity has had first locked up for a while now. What’s up for question is who we’re going to face at Slugger on Oct. 20th. There are four possibilities, and here is how things can play out for each.
- New York Red Bulls II, Currently 6th at 44 points
- The USMNT-ish result for NYRB2 would be if they lost their game at Rochester, and Orlando, Cincinnati and Bethlehem all won their games. This puts them under Orlando by 1 point and out of the playoffs.
- They could face Louisville if Orlando loses and the other 2 teams win their respective games.
- Bethlehem Steel FC, Currently 7th at 43 points
- A Cincinnati and Orlando win would have Bethlehem on the outside looking in. Their game on Sunday would be for their playoff lives. A win then, and they’re in, with Orlando being bumped out in that situation.
- They’d play at Slugger if they lost against Saint Louis, Cincinnati won/drew against Toronto FC2, and Orlando lost against Tampa. If Bethlehem and Cincinnati have the same result in both of their respective games, Bethlehem owns the tiebreaker.
- FC Cincinnati, Currently 8th at 43 points
- An Orlando win tonight would force Cincinnati into a win or go home situation against Toronto. If Orlando wins, anything less than a win for Cincinnati sends them home.
- Their path to Louisville is a little more complicated. A Cincinnati win would mean they’d play in Louisville unless either New York or Bethlehem drew or lost their last game. A Cincinnati draw and Bethlehem loss would keep them Cincinnati out of the 8th seed.
- Orlando City B, Currently 9th at 42 points
- They need to win tonight against Tampa or they’re done. A draw isn’t good enough because Cincinnati owns the tiebreaker against them.
- They’ll play in Louisville if they win tonight, and Cincinnati OR Bethlehem lose or draw their games, but not both.
I’m pretty sure most of this is right. I just decided to do this in the last hour before the Orlando/Tampa game.